How do I test the repeater using a network tester?
This article describes how to test the coverage of a repeater using a network tester.
1 LL-BST-8 Symphony Link gateway (with minimum software version 1.5.2)
1 LL-RPT Symphony Link repeater
1 LL-NT Symphony Link Network Tester
- The LL-RXR-27 module on the network tester must have Symphony LInk firmware version 1.5.0 or later.
- The EFM32 host microcontroller on the network tester must have Network Tester firmware version 1.0 or later.
Configure the Network Tester to use the desired Network Token. (A Gateway, a Repeater and a Network Tester can only talk to each other if they advertize the same Network Token.)
- Turn on the Network Tester.
- Navigate to the "Set Network Token" menu option using the middle button. Then select the "Set Network Token" menu using the right button.
- Set the desired Network Token:
- Tap the right button to change the digit under the cursor.
- Hold the right button to move to the next digit.
- Toggle down to "apply" using the middle button. Then press and hold the right button to apply the changed Network Token.
- Exit to the Main Menu using the left button.
Once the Network Token is properly configured, the Network Tester will automatically connect to the Gateway. To force the Network Tester to connect through the Repeater, do the following:
- Follow all the steps of this article to connect the Repeater to the Symphony Link network.
- Wait for the Repeater's D1 LED to turn solid green. This indicates it is connected to the network.
- On the Network Tester, navigate to the "Connection Filter" menu using the middle button. Then select the "Connection Filter" menu using the right button.
- Select the "Repeaters Only" option.
- You should see a smiley-face-looking icon to the right of the selected option.
- Use the left button to return to the Main Menu.
- Navigate to the "Network Diagnostics" menu.
When connected to the Repeater, the D1 LED on the Network Tester should go solid red, the "Network Diagnostics" should display the last 8 digits of your Symphony Link Gateway's ID, as well as an RSSI read-out that shows the current signal strength received from the Repeaters beacon.